Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What gets you up in the morning?

Some people have dogs who get them up on a schedule every morning. I hear stories about dogs who let out their cute little whine, or get on the bed to wake you up at 6am to be taken out.

Oslo is not one of those dogs.

Oslo will be the last one out of bed. He's a bed rotater during the night, at any given moment you can find him on the sofa, on a chair in the living room, on his "sofa bed" in my room, on his actual bed, or by my feet. It doesn't matter if you get up at 6am or 9am, you can get up and make your coffee, and then find him sprawled out in one of these locations. He may be awake, and when he sees you coming he'll roll onto his back a little for you to rub his belly. Nothing like a good belly rub in the morning.

There are certain sounds that come from the kitchen that will get him out of bed. The peanut butter jar is one of them. This morning I was adding a spoonful of peanut butter to my smoothie. As I was scooping, my thoughts were something like this:

"That's strange, Oslo hasn't gotten up. Oh well, maybe I was extra quiet this morning, it is a plastic jar after all, it's not like it's a loud sound, he's probably in a deep sleep. Hmm, maybe I'll put a small scoop in his bowl so he'll have a nice surprise to wake up to."

As I turned around, I nearly jumped out of my skin then laughed at myself. Oslo, bedhead at it's best with fur swept to one side, sleepy look in his eyes, had silently made his way to the entrance of the kitchen. I wish there was such a soft, enticing sound that got me out of bed so quickly in the morning

Here are some photos from a few weeks ago, when a similar jar of peanut butter came to an end one morning, this morning's jar is still going strong.





Now that's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment