Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's not unusual to have fun with anyone...

Perhaps you have Tom Jones in your head now, sorry about that ;)

Oslo and I took a different route on our afternoon walk today as I had to pick up a package from Purolator. We don't have a lot of people that we see all of the time:

- The man in the orange jacket
- The Starbucks gang
- Quinlan the Irish Wolfhound and her owner

That's about it for our almost daily chats/sniffs. However we do see a lot of new people, smiles, scratches and comments. This was no exception on our walk today. We met one woman who also has a westy, he's 10 and about the same colour as Oslo. He was not with her, but he sounds like a great pooch. Then there was another woman who has a westy, about the same size, which is always fun because Oslo is a barrel chested, solid, 22lb dog. This is about as big as westies get, I think the average weight is 16lbs.

The last comment we got was in reference to a book. I was asked if I've ever read Higglety Pigglety Pop!. It's by the same author as Where the Wild Things Are, and I was told to Google it as Oslo was the spitting image of the dog. Upon Googling, I discovered that there is a film made by the NFB, you can preview it here. I wouldn't say that Jennie and Oslo are the spitting images of each other, but she is dang cute. I'll have to check out the book/film as Jennie appears to have quite the personality, her voice is done by Meryl Streep, which poses the question: If an actor were to do the voice of Oslo in a movie, who would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment