Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another hot one

It's still hot here. The dogs are coping fine, the city is starting to smell like every dog owner has thrown "picking up after your pet" out the window.

On Friday, Becky came over as we had plans to go to Bluesfest. She was very gracious in helping me beat the heat, as I had to pick up a bag of Oslo's food:


I had to take a picture, seeing as the bag of food weighs more than he does! Mischief was still excited from The Greeting, and was trying to get in on the action of taking a picture of Oslo with his bag of food. I cleverly distracted her by holding a shoe above my head. She was in awe:


The four of us headed out for a walk to the park. Mischief had an irresistible desire to snack on a twig. I think this shot shows Oslo's attitude towards the twig-snacking:

The pooches had a great time at the park. I don't want to jinx anything, but I have to express how pleased I am that the pair of them come sauntering over when it's time to go, and don't resist getting the leash on. It's probably the heat, once it's cools down they'll be back to their old games.

Don't worry, there's no lack of games around here. The walk home from the park consists of stopping at every patch of grass not to sniff, but to sprawl out and pant. This is one of Mischief's favourites, to the point where one can't even drag her away:


That doesn't stop the want to play! An example of the shenanigans that go on in the heat:


Ahhh...nothing like a jowel chew on the cool grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment