Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A post not for the faint of heart

I've picked my fair share of random items out of a dogs mouth. In the city it's usually a french fry, a twig, maybe a Tim Horton's bag, nothing bad at all.

My mum probably takes the cake when it comes to taking something out of a dog's mouth, when one windy day over Christmas she saw something dangling from Oslo's mouth to realize only as she took it out of his mouth that it was a used condom...

I thank my lucky stars that we never had to make a trip to the vet to remove a fishing hook from Oslo's digestive system, as has happened twice to his buddy Fudge in Spain. The worst thing that he picked up off the beach was a used feminine product. That was pretty disgusting though.

Why am I talking things that we really want to forget about? Having had Mischief for only a month, what I've seen come out of her mouth includes:

The little rubber nubs from the door stoppers, you know the springy kind that keep your doorknob from making a hole in the wall? Twigs, leaves, grass, socks, blankets, shoes, the list goes on. Yesterday I saw her pick something up on our way inside. I had her drop it once we got upstairs, before we went inside, so that I wouldn't find this new object of interest on my pillow. *phew* it was one of these:


Yup, a foam earplug. A used foam earplug. There was a dance involved as I sprinted to the trash and scrubbed my hands thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment