Saturday, July 24, 2010

Marking one's territory

No, I'm not going to write about peeing on posts. Dogs mark their territory in other ways as well, or maybe we should call it dominating. I couldn't help but laugh the other day when I walked in my room and found this:


Mischief's blanket, removed from her crate and placed on my bed. Her keen ears heard some sort of ruckus going on, and she came to make sure the message was understood:

That's The Ball under her paw. I think she's trying to say, "There's only one bitch in charge here.". You can bet that blanket went right back in the crate once the photo op was done!

You may remember the post a few days ago about letting the dogs eat together. That didn't last long, a snarl was expressed the next day and the fence went back up. However, today, I understood that they really do enjoy eating together in harmony. After setting up the crate and putting the food down, I went to do something else. I came back a couple of minutes later and saw this:


Notice that someone opened the door, and their bowls are touching! I let them stay that way after all that effort. Especially because our new friend Fred the Blue Frog was resting quietly during chow time. Upon a second return for clean up, I walked in on "dessert", sharing the last few bites of each other's bowl. [insert warming of the heart here]

1 comment: